Friday, March 5, 2010

Bed head and Sunshine

On Thursady at 2 am, I sat on the couch with Greta. She was wide awake, and we were cooing and talking together in the dark. Suddenly a pale light shined right on Greta's face. I whipped around to look out the window only to behold a beautiful gibbous moon. It was shining right on us, and we both just sat there staring at it. It was the first direct light we've had in days, maybe even weeks. I have been so gloomy lately without sunshine; it was starting to really make me grouchy and depressed. (I must insert a little shout out to my sister Susanna for enduring all the phone calls. I am sure I sounded a lot like Eyore, and she was so nice about it.)
But the Moonlght was so nice. I was grateful for the lesser light, and while Greta nodded off fairly quickly, I stayed awake as long as my tired eyes could to enjoy the dim rays.
 Then to my surprise I awoke just before the sun was up only to notice the sky was blue...blue. There were no gray clouds in sight. And then it happened, the sun came up, and I about peed myself in excitement! It was so bright, and although I've been a bit under the weather, it didn't matter.  Today is now day two of sunshine and we are forcast for two more days of it. I hope it holds out. I have enjoyed every minute of it. Last night I was so sad when the sun was setting. I simply can't seem to get enough of it. So for those of you who live in sunny places right now, thank you, thank you for sending some my way! Boy have I been missing that refreshing bright Mr. Sunshine!
   Here are a couple new pictures of Greta and one of Holly. I think Greta is going to have curly hair, because it seriously has a mind of its own, just like Holly's. Here are my two cute bed head girls.

8 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow, Greta has a TON of hair. It's really cute. I love how it's sticking up all over the place. I'd send some sun your way, but unfortunatley we're in the rainy season. So, it's just hot and muggy. Just think, soon it's going to be so darn hot you're going to wish for some cloud cover.

Emily K. said...

Yes, very cute girls! We have been enjoying sunshine here the past couple of days as well. It certainly brightens the mood after a long winter. You haven't really talked about life with 4 kids. How's everything going? Besides being awake in the wee hours of the morning? Maybe you're just not a complainer. I certainly am.

Susanna Landon said...

Greta is so darn cute. I love tese pictures. I would almost give anything for Heidi to have half that amount of hair. She reminds me so much of Holly. She is so darling. Holly looks cute too with her crazy mop. Thanks for posting. I hope the sunshine holds out. By the way, call me anytime. I really enjoy it.

Mindy said...

Yay Sun!! I love it too. I hope it stays for you and you get your fill of Vitamin D. Your baby, and Holly of course, is DARLING! I can't wait to see her in real life.

mjm said...

i need some sunshine too. it just started snowing on us a couple days ago. boo!

Emily said...

Cute pictures! Greta doesn't look like a newborn anymore--I just want to hold her so bad! You lucky duck with your sunshine and your two beautiful daughters.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sam said...

Ohio ruined my bracket along with the other 97% of the country, thanks a lot