Friday, April 9, 2010

Greta's Blessing Day


Greta's Blessing day was so nice. We took pictures in her dress the day before and I'm glad because trying to get us all to church on time and leave time for pictures... is impossible. Hans gave her a beautiful blessing, and despite the fact that I had nightmares the night before thet he was going to change her name, he did not! :) We didn't have any family in town, but Hans had a friend who lives in the area come down with his family, and a friend from work and his family came to sacrament meeting as well. Also we live in a branch who is privileged to have the stake President. He is supper nice and funny, and I think it was special that he stood in the circle. One sweet thing happened. While blessing her, Hans mentioned that she was wide awake and cooing at all the men in the circle. I just want to say thank you to my mom for making Greta's beautiful dress. It is hard to see, but among other details, she embroidered a "G" on the dress in white. It was so cute and personal.  

8 comments:

Kristi said...

She is a little angel, and I love all her hair! Your mom is awesome for making her dress. Congratulations!

Meg said...

She is a cutie!! Can Ruby borrow some of her hair? We'll give it back...eventually :)

Jennifer said...

WOW, Greta is beautiful! How special your Mom made the dress for her. It looks beautiful. Congratulations, Greta!

Susanna Landon said...

Greta is such a doll. I love her dress. The bloomers are the perfect finishing touch. I am glad the day went so well.

mjm said...

She is a doll! Can't wait to finally meet her!

Emily K. said...

The dress is so beautiful! All that hair must be so fun to mess around with!!

Emily said...

She looks so cute in that dress. I love it!

Quick Fixx said...

MJ! She's so cute!! I can't believe all her hair. I hope you're able to fly down with Gretta sometime this summer. I'd love to see you and hold your sweet baby!