Tuesday, December 8, 2009

So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it

Today I was doing my Christmas math. I was listing my projects to be completed, and my days left, and then I was breaking it all down to decide when I needed to accomplish what, and well I became a bit discouraged. I realized that my parents are coming into town on Monday night, and I have to clean, and shop, and get everything ready for all of us to take a weekend trip to Missouri, and it all has to get done before Monday night.
  So the question is, will Lincoln, Holly and Alex receive homemade pajamas this year? Will my mom get that other little project I have planned for her? Heck will the laundry get done? Yes, I think it can all be accomplished, but only if I don't keep falling asleep on the couch!
  Okay so this entry, really is dedicated to Hans and his support and tolerance of my napping habits. I am can honestly say I am not a day napper. I tend to have a hard time falling asleep when the sun is up, or I can hear people having fun without me... But night time is a totally different story. Something about my body is programed to begin shut down when the sun goes down. I could easily go to bed at 8pm every night and be fine except for one little problem. I feel guilty going to bed to early. Night is the one time during the day Hans and I have to each other, to talk or watch movies, heck even play a game. I always feel like I am ruining that time when I fall asleep early on our very very comfy couch. And then I feel even worse when Hans says, "Just go to bed Sweetie..." 

Oh I am such a bad boring wife. Tonight it happened again. I fell asleep by 9:00 and Hans told me to go to bed, but I have this running list of all the things I have to do before Monday and I couldn't do it. So I went to the kitchen instead of my bed and popped some popcorn, because munching keeps you awake right? first on the list, Blog. Second on the list, Sewing. ugh the thought is not exciting. So if I you don't see a new blog post tomorrow, it is because I fell asleep at my desk and sewed my fingers together. But even if i do, I know it will all be worth it when Grandma and Grandpa show up. the kids are already excited to see them and I am too!

0 comments: