Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Been Thinking About You.

I've been Thinking about people for a couple months. I don't know why I have, but it seems all the long lost in my life have been resurfacing in my thoughts. And not just those I have sort of lost touch with, but those who live far away. I'll be folding laundry like I did  this morning, and be wondering if Marley is still working for the NSA, or if Megan and Hugh are still considering graduate school. Is my music teacher from High school still in cancer remission? I wonder whatever happened to Kara or Jill or Kelley? Will they ever blog again? Could I convince Mallory to come stay with us for a semester? And so on and so on. I know you don't all know these people, and if I didn't name you it isn't because I haven't been thinking of you, most likely I have multiple times. So there really isn't a point to this blog today, only to say chances are I've been thinking of you.

8 comments:

Emily K. said...

Good ol' Mal. Did she really work for the NSA? Who knew? I am THE WORST at keeping in touch with people. That's why I love blogging. You get in touch with long lost friends, like you Mer Bear. I still talk to Janell on a regular basis. You did know her Mom passed away last Christmas, didn't you? Go ahead and shoot me an e-mail, and we can chat. I hate to leave my phone number on here, but, if you e-mail me, I will give it to you.
kleinemilyj@gmail.com

Hans K. Meyer said...

Just a heads up: If you leave e-mail addresses, do it like this:
hanskmeyer(at)gmail.com
It will defeat the spambots.

mjm said...

Oh goodness! it sure feels nice to be thought about. And i kid you not, this morning in the shower i thought, i need to find a time to go visit Hans and Mer. No joke! We're on the same page here.

Meg said...

Hey Mer! It feels wonderful to be thought of :) I always ask my dad what is going on with you guys...I just need to call and ask you myself :). He is very excited to come out for Hans' graduation--he is such a proud older brother. He is always bragging about Hans to other people when anything about phD programs or the midwest comes up. Hugh and I are still planning on graduate school...I need to talk to you for some tips on how to get by :) Hope you enjoy the holiday season!!

Meg said...

ps...I started a blog...finally
vw-burstingattheseams.blogspot.com

Trena said...

I've been thinking about you too! It's so funny because my husband knows all the Packard girls because I talk about you all the time. Also, I'm giving up hope with Kara and her blog. She's on facebook now...so the blog is probably dead! Not like I should talk, I never update mine!! Love ya Merilee!

Kara said...

You never know when I'll pop up. About Facebook...I think it's another dead end for me. I'm so hopeless! I think the only thing left for me to do is a reality show. Then you'd never have to wonder!

Coley and Tara said...

Hi Merilee! It's Tara.... I received your Christmas letter and added you to my blog list. I hope you are staying warm in Ohio.... Now you are even closer to us in Rochester!