Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Dreaded White Elephant

I know I haven't posted in a few days. I have been busy, and well lazy. Today however something very blog worthy happened. Well maybe blog worthy is pushing it, but I thought it was funny. I went to our Relief Society Christmas meeting tonight where we had a white elephant gift exchange. I really am not a big fan of the white elephant gift exchange, because I generally do not want a bunch of junk from other people, and I never know if I should give something really good or something funny. Tonight I however received a gift that was quite interesting. After having my gift stolen by the last person, I took the  last available gift and found a can of sealed tomato soup. Upon opening the can instead of tomato soup inside it was filled with triple A batteries. I was confused and it turned out the batteries were not just any triple A's. They were the triple a's from the Rockettes battery packs. One sister had a daughter who worked in Broadway production and happened to get all of the batteries from one show. It so happens the girls have the packs on their hips which supplies energy to the microphones on the girls shoes. So if anyone is interested ... Honestly I think I will just keep them. They get switched out after every show, so chances are they still have some good life left in them. I'll never have to buy triple a's again. What weird white elephant gifts have you all received?

2 comments:

Hans K. Meyer said...

One year I got this clip with a magnet on the back, and a picture of the bishop's family on the front. I still use the clip, although I've torn the picture off.

Emily K. said...

Very odd. . . Although, The Rockettes are pretty cool. I once receibed a diaper filled with a dozen No Bake Cookies, to look like pooh. Nice.