Friday, December 4, 2009

Here Comes the Sun



 As most of you know, Lincoln catches the bus at 7:30 am each morning. We are pretty lucky because school starts at 7:45 which means Lincoln is one of the last stops on the route. But every morning when my alarm goes off at 7:00 am on the dot, I find myself wanting to shut it off and just take him to school late. In fact, I would do that a lot more, but it is such a pain to go sign him in and the ladies in the office give me dirty looks, like they know I'm sleeping in. Why am I blogging about this? Each morning is becoming a little bit harder than the one before. The darkness is creeping in and now Lincoln is off to school before the sun rises.
  This morning, after dragging myself out of bed and up the stairs, I just stared at Lincoln for a minute. I almost couldn't bring myself to wake him up. He looked so cute and sleepy, and warm in his feather bed. I actually wanted to climb in next to him and wait for the sun to rise, and then start the day.
   I didn't do that, mostly because I could hear Xander down stairs jumping in his crib saying, "mom, mom, mom, mom..." And because today is FRIDAY and that means tomorrow I get to sleep until the sun comes up. I have been thinking about it all day. I think I might stuff cotton in my ears tonight so that when the "mom, mom, mom, mom" starts, it sounds like "Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad" to me.  Happy Friday everyone I hope you get to sleep until the sun comes up!

2 comments:

Susanna Landon said...

Here comes the sun, do do do do. Ok I agree it is no fun to be up so early. Then you have to pull a snuggled little body out of bed. Poor Lincoln.

mjm said...

Oh how this post helped me! I’m glad to learn I’m not the only one who really, really struggles to get up in the mornings! Love you Mer!