Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Anyone up for some cookies?

I have an old roommate named Emily. She was great, and she collected jeans. She recently posted on her blog a picture of her collection of jeans. She had a ton of pairs. I couldn't believe it. She asked to see what others had an abundance of. I kept thinking, hmm... I don't know. I really don't collect anything.
Now that we know we are moving in the summer, Hans and I have been de-junking and cleaning out the house. This morning I decided to clean out my baking pantry... wow, I found what it was that I collect. Sprinkles. There are some really cool Amish shops our here that sell sprinkles and every time I go, I buy more. So here they are. Nice and stacked. I have everything from jimmies to non Perilles. I have colored sanding sugars, pumpkins, snowflakes and Easter chicks. They are fun to have and go on whaterever I make to take to the ladies I visit teach. It was so fun to see them all together. There are a total of 39 different kinds.
So I ask you all the same question... What is in your closet? what do you have loads of? Do tell...

6 comments:

Ginger said...

That is so crazy!! You can make cookies for me anytime!! I love all the different choices you have. You can't get rid of any of them because you never know when you are going to need aqua colored sugar!! This cracks me up.

Susanna Landon said...

That is a great thing to collect. Who doesn't love a delicious collectible?

Mindy said...

Those look SO fun!! I figured out what I collect. KIDS. Yep, I've got a boat load of them. Not as good on cookies, but cookies are good on them.

Anyhoo, love your collection!

Emily K. said...

Thanks for posting about your sprinkles obsession. What a collection! How fun for your kids to always have toppings for cookies and cupcakes. I always have to go to the store, and then they are gone that day! Good luck packing up your house. I hate moving!

JanEllenSanders said...

That is GREAT!! I do love your sugar cookies....

Emily said...

After going to a kids' cookie decorating party for Valentines' a few weeks ago, I realized that I like to collect sprinkles, too. About all they had were rainbow-colored dots before I brought my 10+ Valentine varieties! (I have YOU to thank for most of my collection, btw.) So then after seeing the kids going wild with their own boring sprinkles, I got a bit greedy and only shared the old canister ones I'd brought. I guess I have a sprinkle superiority complex!