Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Popcorn Pumper

This is quite a random post, but I think it is a good one, and I wanted to say thank you to my Aunt Mona for making it all happen!
So about 8 years ago when Hans and I got married, I started asking him for an air popcorn popper.  I wanted one so bad because I remember my mom making delicious bowls of hot fresh popcorn, and caramel corn for our family. So naturally I felt I needed one; Hans must have thought it was of no value because he never did get me one when I asked. I watched for deals on them and occasionally debated just buying one at full price for myself, but I could never actually do it. So years went by, and occasionally I would bring it back up, you know, drop a hint or two.. it never worked. This summer while my mom was at Education week in Utah staying with my Aunt Mona she asked if there was anything I was looking for. You have to understand that my Aunt Is the queen of garage sale shopping. I think It helps that she lives close to Park City, Utah where all the richies ditch their stuff for dirt cheep. She is always finding the coolest stuff. So I mentioned to my mom I was looking for a popcorn popper.
  When my parents came this last week my Mom had a large duffel bag I thought was full of Christmas gifts. But when she opened it up I realized that there were a bunch of small gifts, and a huge Popcorn Pumper box. It turns out that she mentioned to my Aunt that I wanted the popper, and my Aunt went down into her basement and pulled out a brand new, in the box, never been opened Popcorn Pumper that must have been at least 20 years old. I was seriously so excited. So thank you Aunt Mona and Uncle Tony for not getting rid of the Popcorn Pumper you were given and re-gifting it to me! I love it. My first order of business after finding a perfect spot for it in my kitchen is to make a bowl of caramel corn, Utah style!

3 comments:

Susanna Landon said...

I swear that we had one just like that when we were kids. It has to be more like 30 years old. Anyway, new is new. Have fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hans K. Meyer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.