Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lincoln

I Have been wanting to post about Lincoln for awhile now. He totally is at such a fun age and I wanted to share some pictures, and funny things he has been up to.  Lincoln is doing really well in school. He is the oldest in his class and has taken a leadership role, which has tuned out to be wonderful for him. Every week he completes a packet of work that gets sent home on Mondays. In each packet he completes an activity titled  "squiggle writing". It is basically a piece of paper his teacher makes a squiggle on and Lincoln has to create a picture out of her squiggle and write about it. A couple weeks ago Lincoln created a picture that was a big green hill and at the bottom there is a man with a hook. Now here is what Lincoln wrote, "This is a man who wanted to climb this hill. However it was too steep for him to climb. Feeling confident he used his grappling hook to help him climb the hill. Finally he got to climb the hill and he climbed up so high that he broke the world record." I thought this was funny because I actually had to ask my first grader what a grappling hook was...
   Lincoln came home from school one day with instructions on how to make green eggs and ham. He kept asking to have them for dinner. When I read over the directions, I had a pretty good laugh out of his step number 2. here it is. "2. Mix together and add green foot coloring."  I don't know where you have to go to get green foot coloring, but I'll pass.
   One last thing about Lincoln. We had the missionaries over for dinner about a month ago, and they convinced Lincoln that before he could get baptized this summer, he had to pass a very hard test about the Gospel. It was all fun and games, but Lincoln sat me down a couple weeks later and asked if I thought he could pass the test and if I could help him study. 
   Lincoln is a great brother for Holly, Alex, and Greta and we love having him around.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Lincoln looks so old! I loved reading about his happenings and what his little mind thinks about. Will he be 8 this year? He can't be that old!!!! Lincoln....I know you will pass the test and be baptize:) Love you guys!

Susanna Landon said...

I love Lincoln. He is so smart. My favorite part of these pictures are his freckles.

mjm said...

Lincoln is such a sweetheart. What a great kid with so much spunk and such great brains. :) Please tell him hi for me and that i miss him!

mjm said...

p.s. THANK YOU for bringing back the 'funny things my kids say' segment. your kids crack me up!